Home Remedies to prevent IBS
- Certain foods like (cauliflower, broccoli,cabbage, brussels sprouts) and beans may worsen bloating and gassiness.
- Dietary fiber may lessen symptoms.
- Individuals with IBS should drink plenty of water, and avoid soda, which may cause gas and abdominal discomfort.
- Eating smaller meals may lessen the incidence of cramping and diarrhea.
- Low fat and high carbohydrate meals such as pasta, rice, and whole grain breads may help IBS symptoms
For example, it may help to:
- identify and avoid foods or drinks that trigger your symptoms
- alter the amount of fibre in your diet
- exercise regularly
- reduce your stress levels